Why Use a Realtor®
When buying or selling a home, it’s too important NOT to use a Realtor®.
Why it Makes Sense to Use a REALTOR®
The term "REALTOR®" can only be used by real estate licensees who are members of the National Association of REALTORS®, and a local and state association of REALTORS®. As members of these organizations, REALTORS® have access to a wide variety of business services which are not available to non-REALTORS®. This gives REALTORS® a competitive edge in the marketplace, enabling them to provide superior services to buyers and sellers of real property.
Top 5 Reasons to Use a REALTOR®
1. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics - a set of obligations that often go above those mandated by law. Known as the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, these principles embody a strong commitment to fairness, integrity, and moral conduct in business relations. Under the Code of Ethics, REALTORS® put the needs and well-being of their clients above anything else.
2. As members of IAR, Iowa REALTORS® have access to confidential legal counsel, innovative marketing tools, and an extensive repository of market data. With these resources, REALTORS® are equipped to help you make important decisions throughout the home buying or selling process, such as how much home you can afford or what information you must disclose to the other party.
3. Among the top skills REALTORS® bring to the table is the ability to negotiate a favorable price, especially those who have obtained additional education in negotiating such as the CREN (Certified Real Estate Negotiator) designation. REALTORS® are knowledgeable about the small repairs and improvements you can make to enhance the “saleability” of your home. According to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, the median price of a home sold using an agent is 16 percent higher than a home sold without the guidance of an agent.
4. Your REALTOR® acts as your advocate during each step of the transaction. Whether evaluating buyer proposals or preparing counteroffers, your REALTOR® saves you time by serving as a liaison between you and the other parties of the transaction, prepares and reviews necessary paperwork, and guides you through the process to make sure everything is handled appropriately. Its proven that clients get better results when using the services of a Mediator; likewise with using the services of a REALTOR®.
5. REALTORS® are well-versed in up-to-date market data, such as inventory levels, time on market, and ratios of list-to-sold prices. Backed by education and experience in the real estate industry, your REALTOR® can help you leverage this market information to aid in your decision-making process.